Come here anytime to learn more about ChiroPulse software solutions. Please use the Search box & Article Tags/Categories (on the right) for instant help & new ideas for your office. If you have a problem or need assistance click TROUBLESHOOT / CONTACT US from the top site menu as well as REFRESH, or INSTALL or LICENSE ChiroPulse365 🙂
POPULAR TUTORIALS & HELP ARTICLES…
HELP WITH OFFICE SOLUTIONS, COMPUTERS & TABLETS…
Important takeaways for your office regarding Merit-based Incentive Performance System (M.I.P.S.) meaningful use (formerly PQRS & EHR) starting January 1, 2017. Printable View
Exciting news for many for small/medium sized offices! You will no longer be penalized by bureaucracy. EHR certification is no longer mandatory and even better is the addition of a participation threshold that removes this Meaningful Use burden from many practitioners.
M.I.P.S. explained – click image for more info
- Simply put M.I.P.S. (formerly PQRS, EHR, Meaningful Use, etc) incentives and penalties do not apply to many offices/Drs. This includes new Medicare practitioners and offices/Drs who treat less than 100 unique Medicare patients per year AND bill $30,000 to Medicare based on the Medicare allowed amounts. You can run the M.I.P.S.report in ChiroPulse to see if you met that threshold over the past few years to help determine if M.I.P.S. applies to your office in 2017.
- PQRS reporting ends 12/31/2016 so report thru 12/31/16 as it effects 2018 payments.
- Merit-based Incentive Performance System (M.I.P.S.) reporting/collecting starts 1/1/2017 (MIPS is a formula that includes Quality Measures, Cost, Improvement Activities & Advancing Care Information (EHR use) and possible payment adjustments begin 2 years later.
- EHR certified software & use is no longer directly rewarded, nor are you penalized for not using EHR certified software. EHR use counts for a portion of your MIPS score (25%) but you can still gain an incentive payment if your score is 70 or above which is attainable with the other three components. You can submit a hardship application to Medicare to opt out of EHR Certified software utilization via simple explanations (such as ChiroPulse office software not being EHR certified 2017) and have that portion of your score assigned to one of the other areas. The important takeaway is that the simple lack of EHR software certification & 100% meaningful use does not cause financial penalty to your office.
For wireless use please refer to this article – click here.
If you are using ChiroPulse on a computer, laptop or tablet that is on desk & not used portably there are some useful settings you really should use to optimize your ChiroPulse experience & performance. Please follow these two easy steps! Printable View
1. Disable sleep on your laptop/tablet when plugged in.
If you are using a computer that is plugged in you don’t want it going to sleep until you tell it to go to sleep. Putting the computer to sleep shuts down the network connection, freezes applications (like ChiroPulse) and takes time to wake up and login. This is an unnecessary annoyance.
In Windows 10 simply click the windows button and type sleep then select “Power and Sleep Settings“. In Windows 7 use Control Panel “Power settings” then click “Change when the computer sleeps”. Set sleep to never and “turn off display” in a 2-hours or more. Likewise in power options turn on “high performance” mode.
When leaving your computer unattended with access by patients, use WINKEY+L to lock your computer requiring Windows login to proceed. Also use the PRIVACY button in ChiroPulse to protect your data when the computer is not left unattended. Continue reading
Start to finish – Instructions for using ERA 835 Electronic Payments in ChiroPulse365.
Step 1 – Sign up with your clearing house or insurance carrier to receive ERA 835 files. This entails filling out a few forms which can be obtained from your carrier/clearinghouse. The process takes anywhere from 2-8 weeks. Please note that most clearinghouses charge for this service so it may be beneficial to contact your insurance carrier directly to find out how to receive their ERA’s at no additional cost.
Step 2 – Enter the Payor ID and 835 Payer ID for each insurance carrier. Continue reading
ChiroPulse features an enhanced ICD Selector/Finder in Claim Wizard to make ICD-10 selection easier than in the past. As before you can type in the name or code and press Enter/Find.
Now it features universal search by code or description allowing you to OMIT certain text also making finding ICDs easier. The search also finds partial matches, making it easier to look up the code you need. Continue reading
Wi-fi wireless roaming with ChiroPulse from room-to-room with a tablet PC is a desirable feature for some offices. Please read this article to learn more about wireless networks for your office and how optimize performance with good hardware and proper software settings.
Printable View Continue reading
Updated 10/28/2015. During the ICD-10 “go live” timeframe, please refresh ChiroPulse immediately (when prompted or check the Live Notes are of the login page) to make sure your office has the latest ICD-10 enhancements and logic. Printable View
Helpful companion article: ICD-10 Frequent questions click here.
IMPORTANT POINTS FOR GO LIVE ICD-10: Continue reading
Windows 10 is a free update from Microsoft (until July 29, 2016) to genuine licensed PCs running Windows 7 or 8.1. Microsoft began rolling out Windows 10 update on July 29, 2015 and you will see the “free upgrade” offer in your windows Notification area (lower right by the clock/date) until the offer expires. We highly recommend you “reserve” your free upgrade.
ChiroPulse software has been tested and used daily on Windows 10 starting with the Fall 2014 “Windows 10 Developers/Technical preview”. Windows 10 is a real hit and just works great.
HAVE AN “UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10” PLAN!… AND STICK TO IT!!!
An exciting add-on service is available to ChiroPulse365 subscribers which lets your office automatically input payments quickly into ledger via Electronic Payment 835 ERA files. This is a huge time-saver for your office staff! You can obtain the Electronic Payment 835 ERA (Electronic Remittance Advice) file from your clearinghouse/carrier and now quickly import hundreds (or thousands!) of line-item “payment” entries into the Ledger of many patients very quickly. This is not only much faster than manual entry of this payment data but the input is 100% accurate with no typos or mistakes.
The Electronic Payments add-on is available in “pre-release” to select users at NO COST! To gain early access please use the form at the bottom of this page. Upon full-release of the “Electronic Payments Add-on” all ChiroPulse365 subscribers will be given free unlimited-use of this add-on for a number of days. We know demand is high for this feature but we want to get it 100% right so during the pre-release time we’ll be sorting out a few more regional clearinghouses & carriers. Printable View Continue reading